Mindfulness describes a state of consciousness that is characterized by a vivid and alert experience of your immediate surroundings. In meditation, mindfulness is a practice that helps you tune into what is taking place around you and within yourself by drawing your attention into the energy of the present moment.
The thoughts that occupy your mind become objects of observation, and the sensations of your body are felt with a deep sense of awareness.
When the mind is able to fall in line with the environment, balance is allowed to penetrate the moment and the mind is able to calm down and release tension.
With the experience of mindfulness comes a deep sense of liberation as the mind is triggered into an awakened state.
Many philosophical and spiritual traditions emphasize this state of mind for overall health and wellbeing. Contemporary scholars in psychology would agree that this presence of mind is a very effective way to calm down and manage our emotional activity into a more positive state.
In this video Jeremy discusses a simple and effective way to practice daily mindfulness and strengthen the mind’s ability to calm down, focus, and rejuvenate the energy of the body.
When practiced as often as possible throughout your normal day to day activities, here are some of the major benefits that you may begin to experience after only a few days of consistent practice:
- Higher levels of energy
- Enhanced ability to focus on one task at a time
- Decreased overall anxiety and feelings of worry
- Increased ability to solve problems
- Increased attention span and ability to absorb information
- Feelings of flow and creativity
- Frequent feelings of joy
- Using Mindful Meditation Techniuqes to Manage Anxiety
- Understanding Mindfulness Based Meditation
- How to Practice Detached Mindfulness