In this episode of the MBV Podcast, Headspace product designer Frank Chartrand joins us to discuss the creative design process, and how integrating mindful awareness into his work and personal life has allowed him to become a better designer and a more engaged team member.
In this podcast, we talk about:
- What is Headspace?
- Why meditation is so relevant for people living in today's world.
- Transcending the stress of work and life in search of something new and exciting.
- The product design mentality.
- The human experience of meditation.
- Using mindfulness as a secret weapon for work and life.
- The benefits of meditation for the creative process and working in a team.
Frank Chartrand is a product designer at HeadSpace — the leading mobile application for mindfulness training.
His journey into mindfulness began as a personal one. But when Frank was able to develop his own meditation practice he discovered that along with helping manage his stress and exhaustion, learning mindfulness also brought some serious professional benefits.
With a new outlook on life and a clear mind, Frank’s professional life and curious desire to create something new started coming together.
Today Frank is in Los Angeles, California working with one of the world’s largest mobile app companies to help develop new and creative ways of delivering meditation to people living in today's world.
Follow Frank on Twitter:
- A Mindful Design Process – by Frank Chartrand
- Headspace Design | Insights and thoughts from a mindful design team
- Headspace Meditation App
- Headspace Blog